The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

If your child is already receiving government support, for example through the Helping Children with Autism, (HCWA) or FaHCSIA funding schemes, you will be contacted by the NDIS as it rolls out.  However, if your child does not currently receive any government support, or has never received government support, but you believe they may be eligible, please consider contacting the NDIS to request an ‘Access Request Form’ to begin the registration process.

The NDIS will evaluate the specific needs of your child, say for example around daily living skills, accessing the community, communication, equipment requirements and psychosocial issues.  A financial support will be identified in order that the child can receive the supports that best support the areas of difficulty.  Services providers are typically registered with the NDIS, though if you chose a self managed fund, you may identify other service providers.

The link for the Government Website is