THE TERM THAT WAS:
Term 1 has been a short but extremely productive term at Coburg North Primary. Our new staff and students settled in very quickly with the support of those around them. Coburg North Primary now has enrolment of 418 students. We had an intake of 108 Foundation students this year with a small group of 25 grade 6 six students exiting last year. We also welcomed many new students across the school.
Some highlights of the year so far have been:
- New school council installed
- AGM of school council and two ordinary meetings
- Farmer’s market every Saturday
- Parents & Friends meetings
- Special lunch day
- Meet the Teacher meetings
- Foundation home reading Information session
- Foundation family picnic
- Grade 3/4 camp to Shoreham – 3 days
- Grade 5/6 camp to Canberra – 5 days
- Performances at Sydney Rd Street Party andCoburg library
- Harmony Day performance by Amanaska for grade 3-6 students and Coburg SDS students
- Establishment of Artist in Residence Program with Coburg SDS
- Back2school fitness sessions for parents
- Schematic Planning team established and in operation for planning of the new school.
- Grade Parent Representatives sourced for each grade
- Parent helper information sessions
- Facebook pages established for our gardeners and for some grades
- New outdoor classroom created
- Camp Quality – whole school incursion
- Summer Interschool Sport grades 5/6
- AFL football clinics
- Hockey clinics
- Basketball clinics
- Coburg District Swimming Sports
- Twilight Sports and BBQ
- Life Skills Program
- PJ Day – fundraiser for Good Friday appeal
- Lunchtime Clubs – Italian, gardening, chess, touch rugby, junior choir, performance choir, orchestra, homework, writing, knotting, and movie club
Congratulations to Carmel Post for reaching her funding goal for the Great Shave. Carmel has shaved her head but it comes as a surprise to no one that she still looks fabulous.
RELAY FOR LIFE
As you know, many of us have joined the Coburg North Relay for Life team that will be walking around Harold Stevens Reserve starting on Saturday afternoon and going through the night. It is not too late to join our team – you can register on Saturday. If you do not wish to participate, you are welcome to donate or come along and cheer us on. There will be food, music and activities for the kids there.
Date: Saturday 1st April 3:45 – Sunday 2nd April 9:00am
Where: Harold Stevens Athletics Trach, 20 Outlook Road, Coburg North
Cost: $25 to register as part of the CNPS team, and to participate in the relay
GARAGE SALE DONATION
Thank you to Kirra, Leila and Stella from grade 3 for the money they raised and contributed to the school. The girls had a garage sale last weekend and decided to donate their profits to the school. I will give the money to Signora Jackie who will but some plants for our gardens with it.
I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday and look forward to seeing you back on Tuesday 18th April.